Twitter

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I (heart) NY


A little background on this shoot. I have admired this place over the past year or so even going so far as taking special trips out there just to see if any new work was done. I never even saw a person there. But, this time was different. I thought it was abandoned buildings but would notice that new pieces would show u from time to time. This is also a location that requires a "special" type of couple that is cool with this as a backdrop. I found that couple. This past week I had the pleasure to do an engagement session for Ricky & Kristen. Ricky, also from New York was stoked about shooting there session here. We met late in the day to try and avoid the heat... COME ON already it's october..I ready for cooler air.

I was born and raised in NY. Born In Yonkers, then living in Brooklyn then back to the Bronx I was around Graphitii during my early years as it was everywhere. From buildings, trains, cars you name it, It was there.. I have blogged about this before & how much I love this form of art. It affects me on so many levels. 1) brings me back to remembering when I was a kid & the city I love so much. 2) These are all artists that are soooo talented I look in envy. We have all seen graphitti in one form or another. Most of the time it is really (bad) that my kids can do, & maybe even better. But, these "artists" are among the BEST!!!

We were treated to actually meeting a few of the artists. When I got there, I was AMAZED that there were not only people there, but I was going to meet these guys. Right there in front of my eyes they were creating NEW pieces of art.

Here take a look. I can't wait to for the wedding in a couple of weeks.

Until next time,
SC

No comments:

Blog Archive