Twitter

Monday, September 22, 2008

Serving in Iraq ( with big boots to fill)


Every now & then a photographer gets a little more inspiration. This was one of those occasions for me. I had the pleasure of meeting this wonderful couple at a wedding I did a few months ago. Jen, was a bridesmaid who was so friendly and photgenic that is was easy for me to "take her picture" and Mike her husband, serving in Iraq and the brother of the (beautiful) bride who was also a groomsman caught my attention and admiration when I saw him in uniform. I had instant respect for him and what he is sacrificing to serve our country. Put yourself in his position leaving his wife Jen and ABSOLULTEY adorable daughter Katelyn while in the middle east for who knows how long. 

So, after the all weddings I post images online for all to see. I guess Jen liked what she saw enough to contact me for there own family pictures. We planned this for a couple of months since they are currently living out of state. For me it was something that excited me from the first time we talked. 1st) I have a TREMENDOUS respect for all of our armed forces and the sacrifice they make for all of us.  2nd) Jen, explained that these images were going to be extremely emotional for the memories they will preserve for everyone for a very long time.

We took time to photograph Mike in both his military uniform and civilian clothes. I also thought it would be nice to take some "grown up" shots that Jen and Mike could have for themselves. As anyone with kids knows it is hard to have "adult" time only. this was a great opportunity to give this to them. We were able to get many images of the family as well as the "grown ups" alone.

When Mike came out from changing into civilian clothes he put has (actual) Army boots here wears in (combat) on the ground. It was then I got the idea to "connect" Katelyn to her father that will be forever!

You guys are GREAT!.

With respect,
Scott Craig

1 comment:

Katelynsmommy said...

Scott....
First off we can't thank you enough for working with us!! As much as you were honored to work with us knowing what Mike does we were honored just the same to work with you. You are an amazing photographer and we were so lucky to find you through Valerie's wedding!!! I can promise you that you will continue to be our families photographer for as many years as you are working!! I am so excited to pick our pictures out and start putting them in MANY frames to display for MANY years!! And on a personal note...these pictures really already mean so much to me esp to be able to see them everyday while Mike is deployed and just knowing how much fun we had that day. I was in tears the moment you told me our pictures were up!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!!
Mike, Jen and Katelyn

Blog Archive