Twitter

Friday, October 1, 2010

Feeling good

I once saw a quote that said "bad photography is always an expensive mistake." I loved that! no matter what you spend, if you don't love your pictures, it's a mistake.

This is a story about 2nd chances. I met Nicole at a bridal show almost a year ago. At that time she expressed that she really liked my photography and although wanted to hire me she could not, due to her wedding budget. Nicole, who is a wedding planner for another Hotel here in Orlando had told me that after their wedding here which will be at the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes in Orlando that Her & Nando who happens to have been born & raised in Italy would be redoing their vows in Italy right after. And this was a huge cost to them. So, she had decided to go w/ another photographer who one of her friends recommended.

Moving forward almost 9 months I get a call about 2 months ago where Nicole had started the conversation something like this "Hi Scott, this is Nicole, we met at a bridal show almost 1 year ago. I was having 2 ceremonies 1 here the other in Italy. You probably don't remember me".

I said, of course I do. I mean, I don't have many brides getting married in Italy. Within a few minutes of our conversation I could hear that Nicole was a little frantic. As we continued to talk she had told me that she had received her engagement session photos back and that she was in tears immediately after seeing them. At that moment, she knew that this is NOT the photographer that she could trust the most important day of their lives to. Nicole, wanted to know if I still had October 2nd available....It was meant to be as it was the ONLY Saturday I had still available. I could hear the instant relief in Nicole's voice. Sadly, it cost Nicole a forfeit of the deposit to that photographer, but Now she had piece of mind that her wedding photography was in experienced hands.

I have been 100% assured that Nicole & Nando love the engagement images that we got. We had a blast. Even Nando's mom was with us. She had arrived from Italy that day for the wedding that will take place this Saturday.

Nicole & Nando feel good. Which makes me feel good.



Enjoy,

Until next time,
SC

















No comments:

Blog Archive